Childcare and Education Facility Construction Specialists
Building childcare centres and education facilities is different from other light commercial construction projects. You will want to achieve a certain standard of finish that is unique, plus there are regulations that need to be adhered to. In addition, the construction work has to be completed as affordably as possible to help progress your business to the next stage.
Therefore, when planning the construction of a childcare centre or educational facility, it is important you hire builders with direct experience completing similar projects. With your type of project, experience matters.
At Pink Construction, we are leading education and childcare facility construction specialists. While we also work on other types of light commercial construction projects, we have a proven track record working for childcare businesses and education providers.
We also have an in-depth understanding of the regulations that are specific to your business. For childcare centres, this includes:
- Measurements for internal play areas and the regulations that cover these spaces.
- Measurements for external play areas and the regulations that cover these spaces.
- Water temperature control issues and considerations, as well as the regulations that are applicable.
- Fire safety regulations and fire alarm system requirements.
- Design regulations and considerations for other parts of your centre, including toilet facilities, cleaners’ sinks, etc.
- External features, such as staff ratio regulations and how they impact car park design and construction.
Of course, the above list is not exhaustive, but it should give you an idea of our knowledge of both Council building regulations and Ministry of Education regulations.
To find out more about our expertise and how we can help with your project, contact the childcare and education construction specialists – Pink Construction.
Experienced Childcare Builders in Auckland
We have experience in all aspects of construction projects for organisations in the early childhood education industry as well as the broader education sector. We’ve also worked on a range of different projects, and we are familiar with leading architects that specialise in designing childcare facilities, early learning centres, and education facilities.
We can work with the architect that you have chosen, or we can help you find the right designer if you have not yet reached that stage.
At Pink Construction, we also have in-depth knowledge of the challenges that face childcare and educational facility projects. This includes the consent process and ensuring the project is completed within budget. These two areas are linked, as getting the design wrong can complicate the process of obtaining the necessary consents. With our help as childcare facility construction specialists, we’ll make sure the consent process progresses as smoothly as possible.
Features of the Childcare Facilities that We Build and the Service We Offer
- The construction of your facility will comply with regulations from the Ministry of Education and the Council.
- The building work will be completed with a high standard of finish with excellent construction workmanship.
- We’ll make sure the spaces in your childcare facilities are durable while also being as low maintenance as possible.
- We follow all best-practice standards, and we never cut corners.
- The project will be expertly project managed with all scheduling and budget management looked after to ensure the project is completed within budget and on time.
- We have well-tested quality control processes that we will implement at the very start of your project to ensure quality is maintained throughout the construction work.
- We offer competitive prices, particularly considering the level of experience and expertise that we will bring to your project.
Building Spaces for Children to Thrive
- Playgrounds – as early education construction specialists, we have playground set-ups that you can choose from, or we can design and build a bespoke playground that suits your space and what you want to achieve with your new facility. All the playgrounds we build comply with regulations, particularly in relation to safety, while also being exciting and fun to use.
- External floors – the external floor in your facility is a crucial component of the outside space. We have knowledge and experience in all the main products on the market, including high-quality rubber flooring surfaces, artificial grass, and more. If you choose our rubber flooring option, we’ll give you an eight-year warranty. We also offer an eight-year guarantee on the artificial grass that we supply. All the flooring that we supply is durable, non-toxic, and non-slip.
- Painting and decorating – the visual appearance of your early education centre is as important to the experience of the children in your care as the other features. Therefore, we regard painting and decorating as a crucial component of our construction services as experienced childcare builders. So, we’ll look after everything, including the internal floors, painting, and any other decorating work that is needed.
- The process starts with you getting in touch with us at Pink Construction so we can arrange a consultation meeting. We’ll also provide you with a free, no-obligation quote for the project.
- If you haven’t yet conducted a feasibility and due diligence report on the land you have selected, we’ll help with the process, providing whatever information is needed.
- If you don’t yet have an architect, we can recommend one that has experience designing facilities similar to what you want to create. We’ll provide support and advice throughout this process.
- Once the initial designs are done, we’ll provide you with a base construction estimate, so you understand the costs involved in building your centre. We can also provide cost-saving advice and suggestions. Once you are happy to proceed, architectural drawings can be created, and building consent obtained.
- If you are eligible to receive funding from the Ministry of Education, we’ll provide you with any help or information that you need.
- Once consent is granted, construction drawings can be created, and we’ll provide you with a turnkey quote, so you’ll know exactly what you will have to pay to get your centre built. We’ll also provide you with a detailed timeline for the building work.
- Once everything is fully complete down to the painting, decorating, and adding the finishing touches, we’ll hand the centre over to you. We can also recommend consultants and other professionals who can help with everything from setting up policies to marketing your new centre.